What was the good smell wafting through the halls? It was the cooking workshop at Selkirk College Tenth Street Residence.
Not only is this a delicious soup recipe, but the photos show that cooking and eating together is relaxing, fun and saves you time and money!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CURRY & FRESH GINGER SOUP
5 cups butternut squash, seeded and diced 30 oz
(1 carton, 900 ml) store-bought vegetable broth
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoon curry powder (to taste)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped (to taste)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, melt the butter and soften the onion for 10 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Season well.
2. Add the garlic, curry powder, and ginger and allow the flavours to mellow for a few minutes.
3. Add the squash and broth. Season again and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer for 25–30 minutes or until squash is soft.
5. Using a blender or hand blender, purée the soup until smooth. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
Thanks MJ for the cooking expertise and great photos!