Pure Comfort Food for the Tenth Street Dinner Club’s Last Supper!
Home-Made Mac’N Cheese
1 3/4 cup of macaroni
4 Tbsp butter
1?4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
2 1/2 cups milk
3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup of bread crumbs
Pre-Heat Oven to 375 degrees
1. Boil macaroni according to directions. Drain and rinse in a colander with cool water.
2. Over medium heat, melt 3 Tbsp. butter.
3. Add flour salt, dry mustard pepper. Stir floury paste constantly over medium heat for about three minutes.
4. Whisk in the milk and continue whisking until sauce thickens (about ten minutes).
5.Remove heat and stir in 2 cups of cheese stirring until melted.
6. Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and stir gently.
7. Add half the cheesey noodles to a casserole dish.
8. sprinkle on half the cheese that is left.
9. Add the rest of the noodles.
10. Put 1 Tbsp of butter in a frying pan. Add 1 cup of bread crumbs, salt and pepper and stir the bread crumbs until coated. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and a bit more grated cheese on top.
11. Bake for 30 minutes until it is slightly dry and golden brown on top.
Serve with a green salad and you’re ready to go!
Thanks again to Yitzy for the great photos! And to the Tenth Street dinner clubbers for another great year of cooking and eating.
Here are some of the cooks hard at work: