- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper, sliced into rings
Optional: feta cheese, apples, sunflower seeds, avocado
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a jar or bottle with tight-fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients; shake well. Chill. Just before serving, combine greens, onion, cucumber and tomatoes in a large salad bowl. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad; toss to mix. Top with the green pepper rings. Yield: 8-10 servings (1-1/3 cups dressing).
Harvest Corn Chowder Soup
Ingredients: onion, garlic, celery, yam, potatoes, vegetable broth, cream, curry powder, cream corn and canned kernel corn and a bit of cheddar cheese.
Directions: Saute onions and garlic and spices. Add veggies and vegetable broth. Cook until tender. Add creamed corn, canned corn and cream. Heat until all is warm but not boiling. Serve with Grated Cheddar.