- 3 cups fruit
- 1 Tablespoon (Heaping) Cornstarch
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Nuts optional (if you don’t use increase oats)
- Dash Of Salt
- 3/4 sticks Butter, Cut Into Small Pieces
- Whipped Cream Or Vanilla Ice Cream, For Serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine (rinsed) fruit, corn starch, 1/2 cups sugar, and vanilla. Stir and set aside.
In a separate bowl (or food processor) combine flour, brown sugar, oats, dash of salt, and butter pieces. Cut together with a pastry cutter (or pulse in food processor or use knives) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add berry mixture to a small baking dish or pie pan. Sprinkle topping mixture all over the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
Allow to sit for ten minutes before serving.